Southwest Tennessee EMC has an opening for a Distribution Engineer in the Brownsville office to execute and carry out assigned engineering and project management tasks as delegated by Vice President of Engineering within the fiscal constraints and timelines specified.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General duties and responsibilities: carry out projects as assigned by the VP of Engineering that support the Cooperative’s construction work plan.
- Provide distribution system and substation design based on STEMC’s standards and system model analysis.
- Manage projects and provides routine feedback regarding project milestones and participates in the development of planned maintenance for the Cooperative. Software used: Microsoft Office Products, Milsoft Engineering Analysis Projects, AutoCAD, and various types of coordination and relaying software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredit four-year college or university required.
- FE/EIT certificate (or capable of obtaining within 6 months) required.
- Professional Engineer license in the State of Tennessee or is eligible to obtain and three or more years of experience in electrical engineering (electric utility) preferred.
Benefits include health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401K, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Please contact STEMC for full job description. Applications should be submitted at any STEMC office or downloaded from our website at http://www.stemc.com and e-mailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m., Monday, February 1, 2021. An equal opportunity employer male, female, disabled.