|Duck River Electric Membership Corporation (DREMC) is a member-owned electric cooperative, serving an area of approximately 2,500 square miles in Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Marion, Marshall, Maury, Moore, Rutherford, and Williamson counties in southern middle Tennessee. DREMC distributes quality electricity at the lowest possible cost, promotes and facilitates economic development, and enhances the quality of life for 77,000 members through over 6,000 miles of line.
The District Office Supervisor is a supervisory position providing district level support for member accounts and relations. This position is responsible for the daily office, clerical, and district accounting activities and supervises the Member Service Representatives and associated personnel.
1. Consistently demonstrates an intense intellectual curiosity that is controlled by sound business judgment in the best interests of the Duck River Electric Membership Corporation.
2. Aptitude to create and facilitate solutions and practical implementation to benefit Members and Employees.
3. Provides support to District Manager and associated personnel on best solutions, practical implications, and potential opportunities arising from the Duck River Electric Membership Corporation’s daily operations.
4. Manages a wide variety of member and supervisory related projects and special assignments. Assignments often require the use of knowledge and diplomacy to resolve sensitive issues.
5. Serves as a representative on teams, committees, and activities both internally and externally.
6. Studies and applies Duck River Electric Membership Corporation policies, procedures, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations, and rate schedules.
7. Provides exceptional member service to answer inquiries and resolve complaints involving member accounts.
8. Coordinates billing and collection procedures with associated personnel on a defined schedule.
9. Manages the district’s daily accounting and finances including the efficient and accurate handling of money.
10. Creates, analyzes, and confirms accuracy of various daily, monthly, and yearly reports.
11. Conducts accurate and consistent employee performance evaluations while maintaining a productive and professional atmosphere by coaching, training, and motivating employees.
12. Maintains an awareness of Duck River Electric Membership Corporation’s cooperative business goals.
13. Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentiality at all times, handle personnel matters effectively, and handle employee and member inquires with sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy.
14. Models the Leadership Principles of Leadership Landmines, 8 Management Catastrophes & How to Avoid Them.
Education — A High School diploma or equivalent is required and post high school education is preferred.
Experience — 3 or more years of experience in utilities, banking, or other office related businesses is preferred.
Certification/License, etc. — Certificates and/or licenses relevant to customer service, office management, financial services, etc. are preferred. (e.g. TVPPA Certificate of Customer Service)
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
– Aptitude to gain an in-depth knowledge of the business and financial functions related to the electric utility business model.
– Possesses excellent oral and written communications skills and ability to deal with a variety of internal and external contacts.
– Familiar with standard technologies of a modern business including but not limited to personal computers, tablets, multifunction
printers, email, MS Office Suite or similar productivity software, etc
REPORTS TO: District Manager
DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits including group medical, dental, vision, employer sponsored medical clinic, life and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
LOCATION: Columbia, TN
Qualified candidates should apply at http://www.dremc.com under careers. Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and complete application form to be considered.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third party recruiters. Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V