Duck River Electric Membership Corporation (DREMC) is a member-owned electric cooperative, serving an area of approximately 2,500 square miles in Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Marion, Marshall, Maury, Moore, Rutherford, and Williamson counties in southern middle Tennessee. DREMC distributes quality electricity at the lowest possible cost, promotes and facilitates economic development, and enhances the quality of life for 77,000 members through over 6,000 miles of line.
POSITION PURPOSE: The Human Resources Coordinator assists with the day-to-day operation of the Human Resources department. Provides administrative support on a wide variety of HR functions, including but not limited to, benefit administration, recruiting, employee relations, and recordkeeping.
1. Assist with the hiring process by distributing information to applicants, maintaining appropriate records, and sending response letters, as needed.
2. Assist in preparation of job postings.
3. Perform orientations, onboarding and update records with newly hired employees.
4. Assist with and schedule new employee reviews at 30 days, 60 days and 90 days.
5. Update internal communication monitors with new employee announcement(s), available job opening(s), and other information as required.
6. Coordinate necessary background investigations, and scheduling required physical examinations and drug/alcohol tests of potential employees.
7. Prepare payroll related changes and ensures information is forwarded to payroll in a timely manner.
8. Assist in benefit administration, including initial enrollment, termination and annual enrollment. Review invoices for accuracy compare to enrollment and submit for payment.
9. Communicate with group medical, vision and dental insurance providers to update employee or dependent status; questions about EOB or status of claim processing.
10. Communicate with NRECA regarding 401(k), long-term disability or life insurance administration.
11. Maintain confidential personnel files for all employees in compliance with state and federal regulations and DREMC procedures.
12. Maintain data required for preparation of EEO-1, VETS 100 and AAP reports.
13. Assist in ensuring the organization complies with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
14. Knowledge of DREMC board policies and procedures.
15. Maintain confidentiality in sensitive matters and exemplifies sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy.
16. May be required to attend lectures, seminars or other training to stay current on human resources related topics.
17. Coordinate annual clothing program.
18. Assist with employee and retiree activities, events, programs, and meetings.
19. Maintain and keeps employee directory and organization chart, currently on Pingboard.
Education — High school diploma or equivalent is required. Post-secondary degree from an accredited college/university is preferred.
Experience — Minimum of two (2) years of experience in human resources preferred
License, etc. — Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Tennessee Driver’s License. Must be eligible and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet. Professional Human Resources Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) is preferred. Must obtain the TVPPA Utility Human Resources (UHR) Certification.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — A broad understanding of the utility industry is desired. Knowledge of administrative and general office practices. Knowledge of the field of human resource administration is desired. Must be able to exercise discretion and use sound judgement in dealing with people and confidential information. Possesses effective oral and written communications skills. Ability to prioritize, delegate and meet deadlines.
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
Benefits: DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits including group medical, dental, vision, employer sponsored medical clinic, life and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
Location: Shelbyville, TN
Qualified candidates should apply at http://www.dremc.com under careers. Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume and complete application to be considered.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third party recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V.