TVPPA’s board of directors elected Huntsville Utilities President and CEO Wes Kelley as its new chairman during the meeting held September 21, 2020, in Murfreesboro, Tenn. Kelley, a member of the TVPPA board of directors since 2017, replaces David Wade as chair. Wade, president and CEO of Chattanooga EPB, served as board chair for two years.
Keith Carnahan of Meriwether Lewis EC, Centerville, Tenn., was elected to the role of vice chair while Larry Kernea of Murphy, N.C., PB will continue in his role as secretary-treasurer.
Retiring director Joe Thacker, Mountain EC, Mountain City, Tenn., and outgoing two-term director Greg Williams, Appalachian EC, New Market, Tenn. were recognized by the board for their service.
Five current directors were re-installed for a second three-year term:
• Kenny Laird, LaFollette UB as ADPDA municipal representative
• George Kitchens, Joe Wheeler EMC as NAPPA cooperative representative
• Ronny Rowland, Prentiss Co. EPA as NMPPA cooperative representative
• Larry Kernea, Murphy, N.C., PB as SDPDA municipal representative
• Jeff Newman, Forked Deer EC as WDMA cooperative representative
Chuck Bolin of Greenville Energy Authority was approved to serve as the ADPDA municipal representative on the Education and Training Committee, replacing retired manager, Bill Carroll.