Provides technical and analytical services to KUB’s largest industrial customers by serving as the primary point of contact for all issues relating to the customer’s utility needs. Possesses an understanding of the utility infrastructure, meter configurations, rates and pricing, billing, power quality and load factors related to industrial customers. Analyzes customer utility usage and suggests alternative rates when appropriate. Understands energy management principles including time of use rates, load curtailment strategies, and energy demand concepts. Serves as liaison between industrial customers and KUB’s engineering, operations and financial departments. Resolves customer issues, works within a team structure, and works cooperatively with others to resolve customer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or accounting or related field from an accredited college or university
- Strong analytical, technical, and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, customer relations, and team interaction skills
- Strong PC skills, including experience with Microsoft products, (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s license
Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Note: The physical demands described above are intended to relate the approximate physical demands of the classification. Physical demands for a specific position within this classification may vary and/or exceed those demands described above. Additional information regarding specific positions is available in Human Resources.
- Master’s degree in engineering, accounting or other related field from an accredited college or university
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Excellent customer interaction and relationship building skills
- Strong knowledge of utility industry
- Knowledge of electric and gas markets including management and rate structures
- Experience with statistical analysis and technical writing
- Experience in contract management within a utility environment, developing contracts and working directly with legal counsel
- Ability to prepare and review utility rate increase proposals
- Ability to develop customer rate increase impact studies
- Business Energy Professional certification through the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
- Energy related license or certification (i.e., CEM, BEP, CDSM)
To apply, visit KUB’s Career Center.
Post expires at 10:00pm on Friday April 30th, 2021