Southwest Tennessee Electric Membership Corporation has an opening in the Brownsville District office for a Mechanic.
- Ensures that an effective preventive maintenance program is carried out for the Cooperative’s fleet; includes changing oil and filters, lubrication, and other routine periodic servicing necessary to the efficient operation of vehicles.
- Ensures effective vehicle safety maintenance program is carried out for the cooperative’s fleet; includes inspection and repair of brake systems, steering systems, and other vehicle systems and equipment necessary to the safe operation of vehicles.
- Maintains monthly oil, maintenance and service records and forwards to VP of Operations. Maintains continuing permanent maintenance and service records in the garage. Monitors oil inventory and orders oil, as necessary.
- Performs engine overhauls and tune-ups, as necessary.
- Makes road calls for disabled Cooperative vehicles, as necessary.
- Performs engine overhauls and tune-ups as well as service small engines, as necessary.
- Installs bins and other special equipment on new trucks.
- Maintains an inventory of petroleum products and other supplies, purchases replenishment items and tools and equipment as authorized.
- Ensures that the garage is maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Assists warehouse personnel in unloading, sorting, and numbering transformers.
Mechanic shop tools, special hydraulic equipment, and air conditioning equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have a CDL license and must have certification in automotive repair and hydraulic repair.
- Must be mechanically inclined, have minimum of three years’ experience as mechanic working with automotive and hydraulics. Also prefer working knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems of bucket and digger trucks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Must be physically capable of stooping, bending, climbing, working in awkward positions and be able to lift 50-75 pounds.
- Occasional travel to other Southwest districts to deliver parts and perform maintenance on cooperative vehicles. Normal 5-day, 40-hour work schedule. Some overtime may be required.
Benefits include health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401K, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
An application may be submitted at any Southwest Tennessee EMC office, or downloaded from our website at http://www.stemc.com and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. Friday, January 15, 2021. An equal opportunity employer male/female/disabled.
Post expires at 2:31pm on Monday April 5th, 2021