Duck River Electric Membership Corporation (DREMC) is a member-owned electric cooperative, serving an area of approximately 2,500 square miles in Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Marion, Marshall, Maury, Moore, Rutherford, and Williamson counties in southern middle Tennessee. DREMC distributes quality electricity at the lowest possible cost, promotes and facilitates economic development, and enhances the quality of life for 77,000 members through over 6,000 miles of line.
The Member Services Representative provides customer support for members opening accounts, accepting/ processing/posting payments, and answering member inquiries or complaints about bills, policies, and procedures.
1. Consistently demonstrates an intellectual curiosity that is controlled by sound business judgment in the best interests of the Duck River Electric Membership Corporation.
2. Provides exceptional member service to answer inquiries and resolve complaints involving member accounts.
3. Greets members and receives payments, disburses funds, and records monetary transactions. Receives cash, checks, or completes credit-card charge transactions.
4. Ensures accurate handling of money and maintains a balanced cash drawer.
5. Answers phone politely and professionally.
6. Efficient and accurate handling of member accounts including creating, updating, and closing accounts.
7. Studies and applies Duck River Electric Membership Corporation’s policies, procedures, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations, and rate schedules.
8. Coordinates billing and collection procedures with associated personnel on a defined schedule.
9. Compiles and balances daily cash receipt vouchers.
10. Gains knowledge to create service orders such as connect, disconnect, reconnect, and other various types of service orders.
11. Gains knowledge to dispatch service orders to field personnel using mobile devices.
12. Understands and promotes member programs, use of mobile applications, payment programs, and other services.
13. Assists in producing, reviewing, and completing a variety of reports associated with office operations.
14. Demonstrates the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and handle member inquires with sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy.
15. Follows established procedures to set up electric service including accepting applications, creating service orders, and completing other tasks associated with setting up a membership.
Education — A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience — Previous experience in utilities, accounting, banking, or other office-related businesses is preferred.
Certification/License, etc. — Certificates relevant to customer service and accounting are preferred. (e.g. TVPPA Certificate of Customer Service)
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
– Aptitude to gain an in-depth knowledge of the customer service, accounting, and customer billing functions related to the electric utility business model.
– Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to deal with members.
– Familiar with standard technologies of modern business including but not limited to personal computers, billing software, multifunction printers, email, MS Office Suite or similar productivity software, etc.
REPORTS TO: District Office Supervisor
DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits including group medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored medical clinic, life, and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement, and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
LOCATION: Shelbyville, TN
Qualified candidates should apply at http://www.dremc.com under careers. Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and complete application form to be considered.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters. Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Post expires at 9:41am on Tuesday October 20th, 2020