|Duck River Electric Membership Corporation (DREMC) is a member-owned electric cooperative, serving an area of approximately 2,500 square miles in Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Giles, Grundy, Hickman, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Marion, Marshall, Maury, Moore, Rutherford, and Williamson counties in southern middle Tennessee. DREMC distributes quality electricity at the lowest possible cost, promotes and facilitates economic development, and enhances the quality of life for 77,000 members through over 6,000 miles of line.
The Right of Way (ROW) Assistant Manager assists with administering a comprehensive vegetation management program to ensure reliable and safe electric service. Coordinate with right-of-way contractors daily to ensure all work meets the DREMC standards. Communicate plans to members while explaining the benefits of maintaining the right-of-way of the electric distribution system.
- Coordinate ROW contractor crews to ensure ROW maintenance is performed to specifications in an efficient, effective manner.
- Knowledge of DREMC ROW easements and cooperative procedures.
- Conduct daily field inspections of ROW contractors to ensure expectations are met.
- Communicate with members in advance of planned projects that may affect them.
- Coordinate with members explaining the intended methods of clearing right-of-way to ensure expectations are met to achieve optimal clearance.
- Coordinate with ROW Manager on any service orders from districts or members to determine areas in need of off-cycle ROW maintenance.
- Inspect service orders to see what degree of work will need to be completed, if any.
- Resolve any issues with members that contractors are unable to remedy.
- Assist in the evaluation and planning of future right-of-way jobs and projects.
- Assist in clearing and removal of vegetation, as needed.
- When meeting with members, must possess the aptitude to react accordingly and negotiate the desired outcomes for the safe, reliable and economic operation of the power distribution system
- Prepare and submit weekly data to enable the ROW manager to evaluate performance toward goals required for the current cycle.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret OSHA, RUS, and DREMC safety rules and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Consistently demonstrates an intense intellectual curiosity that is controlled by sound business judgment in the best interests of the Duck River Electric Membership Corporation.
- May be required to attend training related to the right-of-way or vegetation management to stay current on industry standards.
- Education — A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience — Minimum of two (2) years of right of way experience, line work, or electric utility support function such as safety or heavy equipment operation is required.
- Certification/License, etc. — Must possess or be able to obtain the Tennessee Right of Way Pest Control (C06). Valid Tennessee Driver’s License or ability to obtain Tennessee driver’s license prior to the first day of employment. Must be eligible and remain insured as a driver by the Cooperative’s group liability policy for the automotive fleet.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — A broad understanding of the electric utility industry is desired. In-depth knowledge of vegetation control methods, line clearance safety, and environmental compliance requirements related to electric utility operation. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and ability to deal with a variety of internal and external contacts.
REPORTS TO: ROW Manager
DREMC provides a comprehensive program of employee benefits including group medical, dental, vision, employer-sponsored medical clinic, life, and long-term disability insurance programs, defined benefit retirement, and 401K savings plans, tuition reimbursement.
LOCATION: Shelbyville, TN
Qualified candidates should apply at http://www.dremc.com under careers. Candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and complete application form to be considered.
DREMC does not accept resumes from third-party recruiters. Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA M/F/D/V